Sustainable solutions are an important focus and Nortrail is environmentally certified through DNV according to the ISO 14001:2015 standard. Through long-term strategies, we focus on limiting the company's environmental footprint to the minimum. This means that we:
- See all environmental measures as a long-term investment for the company.
- Through systematic training of our employees increase our competence for environmentally friendly and sustainable solutions in our daily work.
- We consciously invest in environmentally friendly and up-to-date transport equipment to minimize the environmental footprint of our transport services.
- Uses Euroclass 6 or better as well as road, rail and sea in combination with multimodal solutions where possible to limit the environmental footprint.
- Have "green departures" from the Continent for dangerous goods.
- Offer environmental accounting for all customers with CO2 and NOx emissions for all consignments. This can be found via log-in on the customer specific web pages.
- Continuously implement emission-free distribution where possible.
- Targeting to become 100% paperfree.
- Optimize our company's overall energy consumption.
- Actively collaborate with our partners and suppliers on preventive measures in relation to transport and the logistics industry's overall environmental impacts.
- Continuously implement new environment-related legislations to ensure that we operate optimally from an environmental point of view.
All our objectives are continuously checked through audits and KPI's, and can be provided on request.